Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lab B


 I thought my teaching in lab b is a steady improvement from lab a.  One major obstacle I faced in lab b was not being able to teach in the gym.  Instead I had to teach in the squash courts.  For me this was a good experience.  Unfortunately I did not do what I quite wanted to do because of the confined space.  I wanted to have the class in groups of three so everyone was active, instead I had to have two sets of ropes going with a line of 4 or 5 people waiting to jump in which I did not want to have.  Although we had a change in where we had to teach I learned a lot from it.



The biggest thing I learned was to adapt to what you have to teach with.  Seeing that I had a much smaller space to teach my lesson I had to learn on the fly how to change my lesson to adapt to my surroundings.  I feel that I am getting stronger being able to get up in front of my peers to teach, I am not as nervous as I was on the first day and I can hear it in my voice.  I'm still not perfect in my teaching abilities but I am continuing to improve and will continue to work hard to become the best teacher that I can be.
















No comments:

Post a Comment